Edward .A 'Teddy' Tennant DFC 1924-1981
S/L E.A Tennant joined the RAF in 1940 and served with No 256 and 153 Squadrons on Defiants and Hurricanes. Later he transferred to Typhoons and flew 450hrs on ground attack operations. He was awarded the DFC in 1945 and by the end of the war had completed some 250 operations sorties. He was posted to 'B' Squadron at the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment at Boscombe Down testing heavy aircraft and trainers. In 1953 he joined Folland Aircraft as Chief Test Pilot and was responsible for the development and flight testing of the Folland Midge and Gnat light fighter, both of which he made the maiden flights.